Culture Sailing – The Sicilian
A 21 days Rally: 600 nautical mile summer sailing around Sicily
9th – 30 September 2017, 15 boats (60 people max)
Booking open until end of June 2017
A Rally: a mix of cruising in company and solo exploration spiced with social and cultural get togethers, ashore and rendezvous afloat. Explore bays, discover hidden anchorages and revel in volcanic scenery. Whether sharing a sip of wine in the cockpit, enjoying the seafood, the Sicilian cannoli and gelato or visiting a village or an ancient town, the Cultural Cruise is full of opportunities to meet fellow cruisers and enjoy the most welcome local hospitality. We’ll visit wineries, the salt mines, some Greek temples and volcanic landscapes at sunset.
People like you that love to sail the Mediterranean and visit onshore sites will get into the marvelous Nero d’Avola wine and eat delicious Caponata and red tuna while ending the meal with a gelato al Pistacchio di Bronte.
Three week Sailing Experience includes visits and tours to: wine and food producers, spice markets, Baroque towns, volcanos and ancient Greek Valleys, anchorage at wild and romantic bays, salt mines, sea parks and UNESCO heritage sites.
Here is a summary, please click on the route diagram for a bigger picture.
- 9th September – START –Yacht port of Marina Di Ragusa
- 12th September – LEG 1 –Port of Siracusa
- 15th September – LEG 2 –Eolie Islands, a UNESCO world heritage site
- 20th September – LEG 3 –Port of Cefalù
- 21st September – LEG 4 –Egadi Islands
- 24th September – LEG 5 –Marsala, Tour and Visits
- 25th September – LEG 6 –Port of Pantelleria Island
- 28-30th September – LEG 7 –Port Marina Cala del Sole (Licata)